Here’s a basic overview of seating wedding guests at the wedding reception.
Wedding Guest Seating Stationery
When it comes to seating your client’s wedding guests, at the very least you’ll need:
- An alphabetized list of attending guest names
- Escort cards with each guest name and table assignment in alphabetical order
- Place cards (if applicable) with guest names
- Table signs (with either numbers or table names) for each table and a corresponding room layout
- Seating chart(s) (if applicable)
Keep in Mind:
- You need your clients’ input to determine where guests should be seated at the wedding reception
- Wedding guest seating arrangements are made during the final part of the wedding planning process – allow yourself enough time…you have lots to do!
- Wedding guests are not likely to spend more than an hour and 15 minutes (give or take) seated together at a table.
- Do whatever you can to avoid a bottleneck at the entrance to the main wedding reception room