Thank you for the great wedding planner questions! (Please, keep ’em coming, by the way. I love hearing from you!).
During this episode of Confetti, the Wedding Planning Business Talk Show, you’ll hear the answer to two (2) more listener/reader questions.
Am I (Debbie) an actual wedding planner or a blogger?
I started planning weddings for others, for a fee, in 2000. Since then, my involvement and love of weddings has taken me in a few different directions.
In fact, this site, Weddings For a Living, got its start as a bi-monthly ezine (an email newsletter) that I sent as a follow-up to the students I taught when I was an instructor for the Wedding Planning Institute.
So, yes, I still plan weddings. However, being a lead wedding planner isn’t my only gig at the moment (like it used to be).
Get the full story (or, at least a good portion of it) during the first part of this episode. 🙂
The ‘Need’ to Be a Certified Wedding Planner
There is no regulation in the wedding planning industry, and you can start your own wedding planning business today with virtually no requirements. So, why do some people get certified as wedding planners, anyway?
There’s nothing wrong with wedding planner certification, per se. But, there are no guarantees.
Truth is, most clients only need to believe you can help them with their wedding. Being a certified wedding planner might help that belief…but not as much as you might think.
Have a listen (this episode runs for 30 minutes or so) to hear more…
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Download your FREE Audiobook – No time to read? Listen to a FREE audiobook, instead! Choose from more than 150,000+ titles when you visit ConfettiTalkShow.com/audible. No strings, I promise. (Let me know what you pick). Click here.
- ‘A Thousand Lives: The Untold Story of Hope, Deception, and Survival at Jonestown‘ by Julia Scheeres – this is the Audible book that I’m currently listening to. Fascinating! Sign up for Audible, now to get your copy.
- Here’s How to Sound like a Top-Notch Wedding Planning Company – the service that I use and highly recommend to manage incoming telephone calls for your wedding business is FreedomVoice. Try it free for 30 days and tell me what you think. Visit TryFreedomVoice.com to learn more.
- Start your own Wedding Coordinator Business! – Learn step-by-step how to get a part-time wedding business off the ground. Visit WeddingBusinessGuide.com to learn more.
- ITunes – Did you know that you can subscribe to Confetti on iTunes? Check it out right here!