During this episode I share the system that I follow when planning my client's wedding.
Now, I'm not suggesting that this is the only way to plan a wedding. In fact, I'm willing to bet that you have your very own way of doing things. But believe me when I tell you that this system makes the wedding planning process (and my life) so much easier.
Here's the 25-step system that I use whenever I'm hired to plan a wedding for a client.
- Have client(s) sign wedding planner contract
- Send clients a welcome packet
- Conduct first client meeting
- Create client file
- Conduct Client Design meeting
- Research & brainstorm design concepts/ideas
- Create design proposal and present to clients
- Engage/Hire event designer (this could be you!)
- Have client(s) review and sign event design contract
- If you're the event designer, add design tasks to your Master Timeline
- Begin to Research Wedding Vendors
- Narrow down vendors (3 per category)
- Schedule client vendor meetings
- Help client(s) finalize wedding vendor selections
- Have client(s) review and sign individual wedding vendor contracts
- Transfer wedding vendor contract info to Master Timeline and Wedding-Day Production Schedule
- Conduct ongoing wedding planner tasks
- Create Wedding-Day Production Schedule
- Send Production Day Schedule to Wedding Vendors (for approval)
- Conduct Pre-Wedding vendor meeting
- Stock-up Wedding Day Emergency Kit
- Direct Wedding Rehearsal
- Pre-Wedding ‘huddle' with my event team
- The Big Day!! Follow the Wedding Day Production Schedule
- Follow-up with clients, wedding vendors and my event team
Whether you plot your steps on paper or keep track of everything electronically, the key thing here is to document and systematize whatever wedding planning method works for you.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Confetti Insiders Facebook Group – Be a part of our group by clicking here. [And if Facebook groups are not your thing, checkout the Confetti Radio FB page, instead, here.] UPDATE: After much deliberation, I made the decision to close the Confetti Facebook Group.
Wedding Business Guide – Interested in starting a part-time wedding planning business? Learn how on the Wedding Business Guide, right here!
Listen to Confetti on the Go! – Now you can listen to live Confetti broadcasts (and a continuous loop of archived favorites when the show is offline) from any telephone. The number is 213-992-4358. No downloads. No data plan needed. Just a telephone call. Listen anytime. Day or night: +1 213-992-4358
Audible FREE 30-day Audio Book Trial – If you love to read (like me), but struggle with finding the time to actually sit down and open a book (like me), then Audible is just what you need! Click here to learn how to get your free audiobook – no strings attached, I promise. [By the way, I announced the wrong link during the live broadcast. Sorry. Correct link is http://ConfettiRadio.com/audible ]
TryFreedomVOICE – This is an affordable and simple way to elevate your wedding business. Impress your potential and existing clients with a professional, virtual telephone system. You can even use it as a Wedding Guest RSVP service (Yup! That's one more wedding service that many of your clients will happily pay you for!!) Click here to learn more and start your FREE 30-day trial.