During this episode we discuss the importance of taking the time to create a plan for your wedding planning business.
Here are some of the questions you must ask and answer before you launch your wedding planning business:
What type of wedding planning service do you provide?
- Within in your wedding planning niche, will you provide full-service planning, wedding-day management (i.e. day-of), consulting only or will you provide a bridal referral service?
How Much do you Charge?
- What are you fees, i.e. how much will you charge?
- Are your planning fees fixed or customized for each wedding? If they’re custom, how, exactly are you making that determination? What’s your formula?
- How much money do you need to make each month?
Who is your Ideal/Target Bridal Client?
- Where does she live? How old is she?
- Ho w much is she spending on her wedding?
- Who, if anyone, is helping to pay for the wedding?
- Are there enough of potential clients who want what you’re selling?
Talk to your previous clients. Focus on the ones you truly enjoyed working with and ask them questions about what they do and where they go…so that you can find more clients like them!
Who else is doing what you do?
- Who else are your potential clients turning to? Bridal websites, DIY wedding planning websites?
- What makes you different from other wedding planners in your area? If you have a niche, this will be easy for you. And once you do, own it! This is your USP (Unique Selling Position)
- Why would a bride do business with you?
- Who can you partner with? Many venues would love to have a competent wedding planner to refer couples to.
How Do you Operate your Wedding Planning Business?
- Where is your office?
- Where will you meet clients?
- How will you manage telephone calls/email when you’re at work?
- How will you accept payment from your clients?
- How many hours can you devote to your business each week?
- Create a schedule and let your family/friends/roommate know
- Which mailing address will you use/share?
- How will you train your employees/staff?
- Spend less time telling others what you’re ‘gonna' do (and just do it, already!) 🙂
- Do something everyday for your wedding planning business
- Set goals…with deadlines!
- Do you! Worry less about what others are doing.
- Be clear! Before you start marketing your wedding planning business, be crystal-clear about what it is you do.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Free articles and info for Wedding Planners– Pick up a few tips and tricks about being a successful wedding planner when you go to WeddingsForaLiving.com
Wedding Business Guide – If you're ready to get started with your own part-time wedding planning business, the Wedding Business Guide can help; here's the link to learn more.
A Great Way to Manage Telephone Calls for your Wedding Business – Instead of listing your mobile number, why not get a local or toll-free number for your wedding planning business? Visit TryFreedomVoice.com for a free 30-day trial to see all the things you can do.
Listen to Confetti on the Go – Did you know that you can catch the live broadcast and archived episodes by calling 213-992-4358? Well, you can. Give it a go…right now. 🙂